Monday, February 20, 2006

No Extendible Constructopedia Inside LabVIEW?

In a number of recent posts, I introduced the idea of the Wiki-Constructopedia. I also wondered if there was a constructopedia inside the NXT LabVIEW environment. I believe the Lego Mindstorms education site my provide an answer to that question. It says:
The software includes a Robot Educator; a step-by-step guide to
programming, and will be available in US English.
This sounds to me like you cannot add your own inventions. I would like to investigate whether it is possible to deliver content from the bNXT site (the Wiki-Constructopedia, but perhaps also other content like "how-to" pages) inside the LabVIEW environment.

2 Comments:

At February 20, 2006 2:41 PM , Blogger James Floyd Kelly (Jim) said...

Filip,

I think the 'Forum' drop-down menu seen in earlier images of the LabView software may be to simply log-in and post questions - a shortcut to help, maybe.

If the software does NOT have a way to upload or download designs, I'd be surprised, because I imagine it would be very simple to implement. It might be that LEGO would prefer there to be standards for how the plans look, sort of like matching the look and feel of the 18 Challenges that come with the software.

If this functionality doesn't exist, you're right - an online version MUST be created. :)

Jim

 
At February 20, 2006 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,

You are problably right.

If only we could play around with it (any time soon)... :-)

Filip.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home