Monday, August 28, 2006

Japanese & Chinese Help Wanted

I came across NXT articles in Japanese and Chinese. At least, I think they are NXT articles. It will come as no surprise that I didn't have the faintest idea what the text was saying, except for words like “Lego”, “Mindstorms” and “NXT”. Nevertheless, these languages are important when it comes to the robotics user base.

I'd like to provide aggregate feeds in Japanese and Chinese, in much the same way as I currently provide them for English, Dutch, German, Portuguese and Spanish. But I need the help of native speakers in Japanese and Chinese, to help me collect these links. I just need some info on the content of the blogs, and on how to translate a few English words to the respective languages. Chinese or Japanese NXT enthusiasts willing to help, please contact me at filip@bnxt.com. Thanks.

If there are any NXT blogs in still other languages, let me know!

7 Comments:

At August 29, 2006 8:26 AM , Blogger Jason said...

I sent you an email from my hotmail about the Chinese blog, please check it.

 
At August 29, 2006 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about french feeds?

 
At August 29, 2006 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the help Jason. I replied over email.

All I need to start a French feed is a French blog that focusses on Lego Mindstorms NXT. Do you know of any?

 
At August 29, 2006 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a general robotics french website : http://www.vieartificielle.com

But till now (I think because the NXT is not yet released in France), there is not NXT specialized french website.

 
At August 29, 2006 4:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

NXTMind,

The French release is getting closer now, so perhaps that's about to change.

I want bNXT to be THE place to learn about Lego Mindstorms NXT, and I don't want people to be bombarded with things that are irrelevant to the NXT. So I'm keeping bNXT focused on Lego Mindstorms NXT, and try to avoid including more general sites.

However, I also want to extend bNXT's content to be a useful information source, regardless of the language. I can't expect a 14-year old French kid to read English articles about his/her Lego.

Off course, I can't write content in every language either. So I'm always looking for good bloggers and writers to help write articles, both in English and in any other language.

Filip

 
At August 29, 2006 4:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, the empty horizontal menu slots above on the bNXT menu bar all have a purpose, but I just have to get around to building the content for them.

Did I mention Lego Mindstorms NXT is addictive?

Filip.

 
At August 30, 2006 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Filip,
As I didn't find till now any french website that focuses on Lego Mindstorms NXT, I created my own one : http://www.nxtminds.blogspot.com/, and I hope with the future NXTers it will have additionnal contributors and content. Now the site is empty. I will put some basic content on NXT in coming days.
If u want I can put u updated about this so that u can add the site to ur Feeds.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home