Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Block Bug in NXT-G Editor

I discovered the following bug in the NXT-G editor. If I create the following program:

Buggy program


With this prorgam, I take the screen block (right block) and I turn it into a My Block. The next time I want to use this My Block from the custom palette, the NXT-G editor will crash:

Buggy program


The bug is not in the execution of the program, but in NXT-G editor itself. I (unfortunately) discovered this bug as part of a larger My Block. I was able to confirm the bug on several computers. I have not been able to find a workaround yet, suggestions are very welcome.

3 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 11:48 PM , Blogger James Floyd Kelly (Jim) said...

I followed your instructions and got the same problem. My NXT-G desktop crashed. I didn't get the same pop-up screen as you (I'm not running Visual Studio) but I did get the generic NXT-G error pop-up and then the program closed.

Jim

 
At September 06, 2006 1:56 PM , Blogger Brian Davis said...

And I should add it's a known problem, with a fix already on the way. Until then, I've been passing text strings into MyBlocks using global variables.

--
Brian Davis

 
At April 03, 2007 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it probably dosn't know what variable to use, considering that its like a program inside a program.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home